Sunday, July 17, 2011

Blue smoke from Jetta 1.8T exhaust when over revved?

So, last summer I got my license and wanted to learn to drive a stick shift because I needed to if I wanted to drive to school. I learned it on the road with my parents so they could give me guidance, of course, in a residential area. After about a week of practicing I wanted to go on my own and see if I could do it. I did alright with some stalling, (hey it happens!). I wanted to go for a short drive one day and try a hill. I was still getting the hang of the clutch, when suddenly I was caught in a pickle. I could not turn around anywhere, so I had to deal with the hill. I tried to start off and I stalled the first time. I started the car back up and was afraid of rolling back, so I ended up giving it way too much gas and over revved the car. I smelled smoke immediately upon the incident and saw a blue cloud come out of the exhaust. I was so scared that I thought I had destroyed something in the engine compartment. Does anybody know why there was blue smoke, smoky smell, and if there was any damage done? Any advice is welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment